- A hotel is made a luxury hotel by ensuring that the guests' needs are met from the minute they arrive until the minute they leave; anticipating the guests' requirements before they even ask; providing excellent service with a warm smile; providing the best quality bedding for a great night's sleep.
- Small group Ashtanga yoga retreats in September are being offered by yoga Sri Lanka with both 6 day and 12 day options
- We are pleased to be awarded with the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. Maya is rated #2 Hotels in Tangalle.
- What better way to escape your hectic daily chores than by going on a yoga bender to Maya.
- Ashtanga practice improves physical and emotional awareness, eliminates toxins, heightens concentration and helps unlock energetic pathways to facilitate spiritual awareness.
- The serene haven of Maya villa sits near the rural village of Aranwela in Sri lanka-perfect setting for anyone seeking tranquility and inner reflection.
- The melodic chirping of birds and subtle scent of frangipanis and fruit trees, scene is set for a retreat designed to restore, revitalise and renew
- Maya villa is resorted Manor House in the unspoilt Tangalle countryside of southeast Sri Lanka has teamed up with the international yoga teacher and Ashtanga expert Dorion Davis
- Maya Villa’s supremely serene setting is perfect for yoga, meditation and inner reflection.
- Easy access to local attractions and the beaches of the south coast make Maya a perfect base for exploring
- The charming colonial-style villas are surrounded by greenery and their 10 day ashtanga yoga retreat starts at very resonable rates
- Having personally experienced the philosophical and physical gifts of Ashtanga yoga some of the most significant in her life Dorion strives to share these benefits with all her students guiding each individual on a personal well being journey
- Maya is an exquisitely executed five suite villa restoration of a Sri Lankan Manor House dating from the late 19th and early 20th century which pays dutiful homage to its Dutch and British period features whilst blending seamlessly with its new contemporary interiors and original design accents.
- Limited to a maximum number of 10 participants, the retreat is suitable for all yoga levels: from beginners embarking on their yoga journey, to advanced practitioners seeking to deepen their knowledge and awareness.
- From the enchanting morning sunrises over the paddy fields and an abundance of pure fresh air, the scene is set for a retreat designed to restore revitalise and renew
- If you're thinking of going on a yoga retreat consider heading to Sri lanka five suite Maya Villa
In SriLanka's south,the five suite Maya Villa offers an off track yoga retreat where you can held your poses while overlooking paddy fields frangipanis and fruit trees.
The five-suite Villa provides an intimate, peaceful and nurturing environment to embark on a yoga journey.
Have you tried an overseas workout session before? This Yoga package by Maya Villa is specially designed for all yoga lovers out there.
Maya Villa provides an intimate peaceful and nurturing environment to embark on a yoga journey.
Maya Villa’s supremely serene setting is perfect for yoga, meditation and inner reflection.
Maya Villa is delighted to announce details of its forthcoming Ashtanga Yoga Retreats in Sri Lanka. Set within a rich landscape of tropical gardens, near the rural village of Aranwella, the five-suite Villa provides an intimate, peaceful and nurturing environment to embark on a yoga journey
- If you're thinking for going on a yoga retreat consider heading to Sri Lanka's five suite Maya Villa.
- With only five suite villas on the entire property, not to mention a countryside and surrounding tropical gardens, Maya Villa in Tangalle, Sri Lanka could not be a more perfect designation to unplug and realign.
- Maya's upcoming Ashtanga yoga retreats with international expert Dorion Davis are good for any level, as each retreater can take the sequences at their own pace, focusing on strength, stamina, breath, flexibility and focus.
- Imagine escaping all your biggest troubles by getting lost among Maya Villa’s serene setting in the unspoilt Tangalle countryside of Sri Lanka that will also serve as the background to your guided yoga classes.
- This 10-day yoga retreat in Sri Lanka is set in the charming five-suite Maya Villa that is surrounded by greenery and sits next to the rural village of Aranwella. Translation: you'll get to hold your poses while overlooking paddy fields, frangipanis and fruit trees.
- A detoxifying, energizing and spiritually enlightening twelve days, these retreats fuel your mat work with delicious vegetarian meals and are long enough to instill some wonderful future wellness habits
- There is more to Sri Lanka than you'll ever visit on the average length holiday, but if you are counting on a few days of total relaxation away from tourist masses, but also want to find time for some beach bathing and wildlife too, then Maya Villa is the place for you.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquil village scene at Maya Villa in Aranwella, Tangalla, Sri Lanka
- Food is a priority at Maya with the in-house chef garnering an excellent reputation for Sri Lankan fusion and international dishes. Maya’s restaurant has attracted international clientèle from the surrounding area, and is open to outside guests.
- 'Forget about Beethoven and Tchaikovsky, let the birds perform the morning symphony for you.'
- The grounds at Maya are simply stunning! The owner's commitment to preserving the estate's grand trees was essential in maintaining a diversity of mature trees, which provide an oasis of shade.
- The villa is surrounded by picturesque rice paddies and hammocks on the lawn – surely there is no more serene match?
- Ten minutes’ drive from Tangalle, on the south coast and about an hour from happening Galle, the villa is designed by architect Pradeep Kodikara and Hong Kong based interior designer Niki Fairchild.
- The room are in two pavilions set around an L-shaped pool and open-air dining pavilion and lounge, perfect for sunset drinks.
- Thanks to colorful Buddhism monuments, unspoiled nature and exclusive resorts, Sri Lank is satisfying for the couples who want relax and healing. Couples can enjoy romantic dinner in Maya Resort, which is well known for healing resort in the forest
- Situated in two acres of tropical gardens - look out for the resident peacock when you arrive - the resort is peaceful, picturesque, and absurdly relaxed. And with just five suites, it’s also about as intimate as it gets.
- At Maya, there are five suites exquisitely designed with Sri Lankan heritage. Imagine waking up to the sounds of birds singing in the morning while seeing the natural beauty of the area unfold.
- Maya in Tangalle has fresh, modern interiors and two acres of lush greenery, with trees as old as the original 19th century residence.
- 100 Small and Boutique Hotel Book
- Cleverly formed from one of Sri Lanka’s ancestral abodes, this stylish hotel is just inland from Tangalle and its stunning beaches.
Best places to stay in Sri Lanka
It's set in amongst the jungle and the paddy fields, on its own two acre estate and is one of the best places to stay in Sri Lanka if you want to step back in time to the days of Ceylon.
- A 19th century manor house drawing on British- and Doutch-colonial influences maya isa tiny gem near Sri Lankan cost that comprises five suites set among long established trees in quites tropical garden.
- Maya has a delightful indigo-colored, L-shaped swimming pool with views over the property and surrounding rice paddy fields. I should say that the location is pretty wonderful.
- About a 15-minute drive inland from the Tangalle shoreline is Maya, a 19th-century manor house turned five-suite villa with a large garden that backs onto a rice paddy and is surrounded by forest. Dinner (surprise, Sri Lankan curry) and a look-see visit are highly recommended.
- A colonial Sri Lankan residence in manor-house style, Maya boutique hotel in Tangalle has been restored to 19th-century splendour.
- Built in 2010, the fully staffed Villa Maya is located on a 2-acre plot of forest and paddy in the village of Aranwella - just 10 kilometers from the beautiful beaches of Tangalle. Its construction evokes the charm of a 19th century Sri Lankan Manor house, making Villa Maya a little gem in this rural area.
- Built by one of the ruling elite in Ceylon, Aranwella Walauwa is a classic illustration of 19th century properties - a little gem in the Tangalle area.
- Situated in the rural village of Aranwella, Maya is set within a rich landscape of tropical gardens and coconut trees abundant with local bird life and surrounded by paddy fields. Maya provides a true sanctuary in its undisturbed private setting.
- Maya Tangalle is no illusion, although the word in Sanskrit means illusion, Tucked away in the idyllic Sri Lanka countryside, this restored manor sanctury is also a stone's throw from Tangalle's stunning beaches.
- The best seats in the house, personally, are the ones furthest from the Old House, facing the padi field. A book, a glass of Mango lassi and nature’s playlist are all you need.
- The friendly team headed by Perera, the manager of the property, ensured we spent a luxurious and serene vacation. We were invited to dine by the swimming pool overlooking an open pavilion with a 12 seater dining table and lounging sofas.
- The emphasis on tranquillity at Maya is paralleled by the use of space – 25ft ceilings, pared down design, and an unusual lack of the usual hotel clutter and paraphernalia, the rooms enjoy floor to ceiling windows that take in the wildlife outside.
- As a blend of Dutch and British colonial architecture, this Sri Lankan Manor House gives an insight into the architectural style of 19th century properties.
- A refreshingly unique and exquisitely designed five suite villa spread across a beautifully restored 19th century property. Honeymooners, couples and families will love this sanctuary, a chic retreat offering the best of Sri Lanka's culture, service and cuisine.
- Set amid verdant rice paddies, an L-shaped blue-ink pool and a contemporary wing now curl around the original building, whose woodwork trellis and outdoor pavilion are echoed in the modern section.
- The architecture draws influences from both Dutch and British colonial styles, and the renovation blends original period features and a more contemporary style – high ceilings, open views, sleek lines and an emphasis on comfort.
- Shunning the more traditional ethnic style, Nikki favours a pared-back aesthetic, bringing the 100-year old property into the 21st century courtesy of some extremely tasteful furniture.
- Treasures from Sri Lanka's Dutch and British colonial periods enhance the local flavour, as do chef Darasana's spicy indigenous curries, including one made with mountain goat.
- Wake up to the sounds of cicadas and feast on leisurely meals in the garden, breathing in the fresh, clean air scented with frangipani flowers and fruit trees.
- For interior designer Niki Fairchild creating Sri Lankan retreat has proven to be veritable labour of love.
Take the seaplane from Colombo and head south, past the literary festivals of Galle and the expat partying at Wijaya.
If Aman hotels had babies (indeed if Amanwella, just round the corner, got frisky with Amangalla), this would be their squidgy newborn.
This chic sanctuary is situated in a serene estate complete with a 20 metre midnight blue pool overlooking lush green paddy fields.
What a view!
- Enjoy ultimate luxury at this classy hotel.
Dream-like Villa at Paddy Field Side
Elaine advised “I always want to come back to this dream-like countryside home which is my discovery. Before I come back, I hope everyone who aspire to have a countryside living could come to Maya to feel the creative design and enjoy the authentic South Sri Lankan country life.”
- Maya is so refreshing; it's easy to wax lyrical about how great this property is. What we really loved though was its uniqueness; it's a labour of love that's been designed with so much thought it's like no-where else in Sri Lanka.
- Hong Kong decorator Niki Fairchild has turned a century-old house into the glamorous five-suite Maya
- A stylish five suite colonial manor house overlooking lush green paddy fields; set in the sleepy village of Aranwella close to Tangalle
- The hotel pool overlooks lush green paddy fields, inviting guests to dip into sparkling waters and take in the view. Guests can relax inside with a selection of board games and books, swing in the outdoor hammocks or enjoy a game of petanque, badminton or cricket in the garden.
- Niki Fairchild has beautifully restored a 19th-century manor house, added a new wing and fused them together with an L-shaped indigo swimming pool. The result is a refreshingly simple yet striking take on colonial style, and a little bit of heaven on earth.
- Tucked away amidst tall leafy foliage and a paddy field in the picturesque village of Aranwela, Tangalle this 100 year old ‘walawwa’ presented a charming setting as well as a challenge for Archt Pradeep Kodikara to combine the old world charm with contemporary architecture.
- Travel and Leisure SE Asia June 2012, highlights Maya's Yoga packages...
- + Yoga package at Maya Villa Sri Lanka...
- Maya in Sri Lanka This stunning old house has been completely restored and designed by owner and interior designer Niki Fairchild...
- Untouched by tourists, a stroll through the sleepy fishing village of Tangalle will lead you to lush paddy fields – and the century-old Maya Villa. The bolthole serves as a charming base from which to discover twee villages, as well as ...
- This stylish and soothing property charmed the socks off us! Instantly captivating from the moment you enter the driveway past ancient trees and a small Buddhist shrine...
Mr & Mrs Smith Press Coverage
"Boutique break in stylish Sri Lanka "
Mr & Mrs Smith Press Coverage
"Boutique break in stylish Sri Lanka "
- Colonial splendour in Sri lanka Scattered through the country side are places such as Maya where high-tea has been served for centuries in a room overlooking the paddy fields.
The design at Maya near Tangalle, 90 miles from Colombo, is a very 21st-century take on a 110-year-old plantation house – the property was used to grow cinnamon.
There is an L-shaped pool, with views of the paddy fields.
- The hippest hotels, shops, restaurants and night clubs that hit the scene.
Mr & Mrs Smith Press Coverage | Amazing and Affordable Hotels for Honeymoons Martha Stewart Weddings
Forget your iPod, at this century-old manor house the peaceful chirrups of the crickets and ribbits of the frogs is the only soundtrack you’ll need. There’s plenty to look at, too, like the midnight-blue pool, flower-rich gardens, and patchwork of rice paddies.
- VILLA MAYA- SRI LANKA- Saunter slowly to the edge of a peaceful Sri Lankan village surrounded by rice fields graced by tree-filled gardens replete with exotic birds and tropical flowers...
- A carefully-restored 100-year-old manor house with a modern extension, Villa Maya is an elegant, seamless fusion of old and new with 5 spacious bedrooms.
luxe - Maya Tangalle, Sri Lanka
A sanctuary set within Sri Lanka’s unspoilt countryside, it’s no wonder
Maya is called a ‘House of Dreams’.
- To do Sri Lanka in style, book in at boutique hotel Maya in the sleepy coastal village of Tangalle.
- Villa Maya Tangalle in Tangalle, Sri Lanka
Maya is a one hundred and ten year old property situated in the small village of Aranwella close to the southern town of Tangalle.
The old house has been completely restored retaining all the original features and a new wing added.
Both properties fit seamlessly together blending the old with the new with a 20m pool in the courtyard between the two.
- To the ever-lengthening list of can’t-miss hideaways on the Sri Lankan coast, it’s time to add another: Maya Villa, on the south coast a few miles from Tangalle...
- "Near Tangalle, Sri Lanka small, spoiling hotel in tranquil gardens; a lovers' retreat "
- Further south in Beliatta Hong Kong decorator Niki Fairchild has turned a century old house inot the glamorous five-suite Villa Maya.
After a day’s excursion into the temples, lounging on the beaches, watching the waves and sampling the local cuisine,
the bedroom’s polished cement flooring, bamboo blinds, open-plan bathrooms complete with rain shower, low-rise beds shrouded in mosquito nets, and floor-to-ceiling sliding doors leading to your own private slice of heaven, make it clear why Maya is the perfect end to your perfect day.
- Hong Kong decorator Niki Fairchild has turned a century-old house into the glamorous five-suite Maya
- Think of what it will be like meditating on the manor’s verandah facing the paddy fields, or doing taichi in a tree-lined, two-acre private garden. If you’re craving complete peace of mind, it can’t get any better than this.
- This tasteful conversion of a 110-year-old property, a short distance inland from Tangalle, is set in two acres of lush gardens. With a top chef who’ll prepare picnics, yoga instructors on demand, sports facilities and a 20m swimming pool, this retreat is sure to help you unwind.
- This year-end holiday is a great time to recharge and rejuvenate, we have just the place to do it: the boutique Maya Villa in southern Sri Lanka. The venue, which is based in a historic villa, has recently introduced yoga retreats for those seeking to restore their balance in a peaceful and secluded environment.
- At the heart of the Maya villa is the inky-blue pool of the courtyard and the two dining areas: a gracious space inside the main house, and an enclosed veranda with views across the rice paddies in the new wing. And it’s another deft blend of old and new, Western and local on the plates served here.
Surrounded by tropical gardens, coconut trees and paddy fields,the tranquil setting serves as a lush background as participants are guided
through daily yoga and meditation classes, daily beach, temple or market excursions, spa treatments, and cooking classes.
Having recently opened its doors in Southern Sri Lanka, the boutique Maya Villa has introduced wellbeing yoga retreats for those seeking to
restore their balance in a peaceful and secluded environment.
- Verandahs in the Old House to a pavillion and 20-metre swimming pool in its New Wing - the villa is Old World luxury to rest and inspire.
- While the suites in the new wing are larger and come with their own court-yards to bring a sense of freedom along with privacy, an additional feature is that all five suites open out to the pool.
- Maya Villa's restaurant serves up dishes dependent on the freshest produce of the day...the seafood dinner I had included some fresh and utterly delectable fish dishes.
- "The atmosphere at Maya is one of total relaxation, and this is reflected in the pared down seamless design and clean lines that runs through the rooms and bathrooms"
Tourism has picked up in Sri Lanka and new hotels are popping up fast.
Villa Maya opened in the spring of 2011 and is owned by Niki Fairchild, a successful international interior designer from Singapore and graduate of the Parsons School for Design in New York.
This stylish boutique hotel comprises five suites in a restored Sri Lankan Manor House dating back to the late 19th century,
with interiors by famed designer Niki Fairchild.
- Learn the secrets of healthy Sri Lankan cuisine and return home armed with a new set of skills in addition to feeling rejuvenated and rested.
Maya is a gem set amidst a rich landscape of tropical gardens and paddy fields.
It is perfect for those weary of over-commercialised resorts and in search of something a little more authentic.
- " Maya pays homage to its Dutch and British period features whilst blending seamlessly with its new contemporary interiors and original design accents".
- Interior designer Niki Fairchild's love for Sri Lanka is exemplified in the sensitive restoration of manor house in Tangalle dating back to the 19th centuary and now a boutique holiday villa.
- Daily classes ranging from Iyengar Yoga to more dynamic styles and Tai Chi are set in the veranda of a beautifully restored 19th century house surrounded by lush tropical gardens...
- Maya is the newest boutique holiday villa in Tangalle. Unlike those modern designed Hotels which usually separate themselves from the crowd, Maya Villa totally integrates itself into the local culture and community. Manju, the manager of Maya Villa said, "We use local seafood and all vegetables are from the local farmers. We have a taste of the surroundings." Although there are only 5 rooms in the Villa, the food and beverage menu is extensive which obviously shows their emphasis on quality dining.
Maya House of dreams
Introducing Maya, a new villa sanctuary set within Sri Lanka's unspoilt Tangalle Countryside
A GREAT ESCAPE
Taking a break in the 19th century colonial manor amid paddy fields and lush tropical foliage, holds out the promise of a complete detox
- "Experience the exotic in Sri Lanka"
- Boutique hotel Maya is a restored 100-year-old Sri Lankan manor house, set within verdant gardens teeming with bird life...
- A stunningly restored building is at the heart of this Sri Lankan retreat...
- The rustic luxury provides the perfect setting for the wellbeing retreats on offer, which includes yoga, meditation and tai chi classes, in-room massages, cooking classes, traditional meals at the resort, plus trips to nearby elephant and turtle sanctuaries, local temples and markets.
- Sri Lanka makes for a perfect long- weekend break from the UAE. We're excited about the newly opened boutique hotel Maya in the country's Tangalle area.
We’ve pretty much left it as it is.
There’s no fence or obstruction between the paddy fields and the garden.
It’s just miles and miles of green expanse...
- Closer to heaven Boutique hotels like Maya in the remote area of Tangalle will benefit from the new air taxi service.
- It’s a new, private residence where you can experience peace and seclusion amid the rich landscape of rural southern Sri Lanka.
- Sri lanka, easily one of the world's hottest tourist destinations, is now experiencing a sudden increase in luxury boutique. Take Maya, a just-opened, exquisitely designed five-suite villa restoration of a colonial manor house…
Fab five roomer ringed by rice paddies and jungle"
- Moving south travellers will find Tangalle, a sandy beach town on the southern coast of Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka's one off boutique properties are a major attraction. Maya is a five-suite hotel housed in a refurbished old manor house.....bedrooms are spacious and lush surroundings make this an idyllic spot.
- The hotel’s new and old buildings are connected by a new roof and a 20-metre swimming pool set in an open courtyard. Maya also features its own wine cellar.
- In the exotic Sri Lankan coastal town of Tangalle stands a new five-suite villa in a restored Sri Lankan Manor House from the 19th century.
- Many of Sri Lanka’s refurbished heritage homes follow a similar mould in their choice of colonial interiors; however Maya’s is refreshingly unique.
- Relax at Maya, the restored 19th-century villa amid the Sri Lankan countryside.
- THE ILLUSIONIST
- Honeymooners, couples and families will love the sanctuary that this new chic retreat provides offering the best of Sri Lanka's culture, service and cuisine.
- This early 20th-centuary nobleman's house turned five-suite villa is set on two acres of rice paddies and tropical jungle rich with bird life.
- Situated on a serene estate four and a half hours by car from Colombo, Maya is as pleasantly removed as it is ravishing.
- Maya, which translates as “dream”, offers a combination of tranquility and adventure. Located in southern Sri Lanka, this five-suite villa is set in tropical gardens and boasts fine local cuisine, four poster beds and a swimming pool.
- Maya boutique hotel is set sensationally within the lush rural interior near Tangalle. With just five bedrooms, it has a...
- Maya Villa is a 110 year old house that has been completely restored and is set amidst rural surroundings overlooking lush green paddy fields.
- Tangalle’s first luxury inland manor house is a treat for anyone searching for a hip hideaway to holiday in total peace and quiet, whether as a couple or...
- Maya Villa is a wonderful blend of heritage architecture with modern living...ideal for a family holiday, romantic escape or even a special occasion such as a wedding or family celebration.
- Maya, an exquisitely restored Sri Lankan manor house dating from the late 19th century, has been converted into a five-suite villa
- Maya (which is Sanskrit for Illusion or Dream) is a restored 19th Century Sri Lankan Manor House converted into five luxury villa suites...
- Maya is one of those century-old places that has been rescued from dilapidation by foreign fans of Sri Lanka and turned with charm and ingenuity into a hotel; in this case a destination in itself....
- Set in a manicured two-acre estate amidst paddy fields and jungle, the Old House is a restored 110 year old, five room villa in Dutch British style, with a new wing...